What is a layered look?
A Layered look – also as onion look , Layered look or Layering known - is an outfit in which several items of clothing are combined on top of each other. For example: blouse and skirt as a base and on top a knitted sweater and a jacket . Spring and autumn offer perfect weather for layering and therefore the best conditions for putting together exciting and stylish outfit combinations.
The most important rule when layering is: Style at least two and a maximum of five items of clothing together.
But simply wearing random pieces of clothing on top of each other is not enough to create a successful layered look. With these Layering tips from Princess Goes Hollywood Every outfit becomes an eye-catcher:
Layering Tip No. 1: The right silhouette
Before you start layering your new favorite look, you should think about what silhouette you want to achieve with your style combination. Simply ask yourself the following questions:
- Where should the volume be? Top or bottom?
- What should the attention be drawn to? (For example legs, waist, shoulders)
- Which areas would you like to skilfully conceal? (For example upper arms, stomach)
Choosing the right silhouette depends primarily on you Figure type depends on which piece of clothing you really want to showcase.
Make sure there is a harmonious balance between the different lengths: For example, if you are wearing a short sweater , we recommend a longer jacket or coat instead of a short jacket.
Layering Tip No. 2: Have the courage to use patterns
Whether on a skirt , cardigan , sweatpants , cashmere sweater or as a scarf - playful prints and eye-catching patterns bring excitement and a very special twist Layered look . You would like to combine different patterns ? Then it's best to make sure that they are color coordinated, i.e. that they correspond to the same color palette. Despite the different prints, the look appears harmonious and not overloaded. General effect Onion looks particularly elegant within a color world.
Layering tip #3: Contrast program
Not in the mood for subtle tones? With Color blocking you bring the good mood into your wardrobe and onto the streets. At the Color blocking You can combine bright statement colors as well as more subtle tones. The only important thing is that a clear contrast can be seen. These are the trendiest styling options for contrasting layer looks :
- Color blocking with a statement piece: your favorite trousers, a simple T-shirt or top and a colorful striped sweater on top - the simplest thing is done Color blocking layered look !
- Green is THE trend color of the year. A green blazer is perfect for upgrading a casual everyday look. In combination with one colorful shirt and light blue jeans you create the perfect color blocking trio.
- Color blocking is perfect for combining feminine skirts and romantic summer dresses cool everyday look to conjure up. Combine a skirt or dress with a widesweater in yellow or another contrasting color. White sneakers complete the look.